Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 9 (Stuff)

Day 9, a nice short one.

So I only played a brief few missions today but still learned a fair bit - for a start you can scroll in the navigation map using the mouse wheel and yes, weapons really do keep losing range as you upgrade.

I just happened to obtain, free of charge, a class 10 cannon. Now this IS five classes above what was my current cannon but the range is down from 550 to 450. Considering we originally started at 700, I'm feeling more and more restricted and hostile ships are hitting me long before I get into range. That said they barely do any damage then I destroy them in a few hits, but it's still annoying. I managed to take damage in Olympus. Seriously!? That's fail.

So I mapped Launch to End and it's interesting hitting F2 out of habit and seeing my rear view mirror. At least I won't be crashing into any more asteroids any time soon. In hindsight I could have swapped F1 and F2 but I was already too used to using F1 as navigation.

My I.M.G. contracts took me to Olympus and are nearly paying something worthwhile now, just under 50k. This seems to be a good way to progress as no doubt it will lead me through the quadrants in order of difficulty. There's also some pretty neat rewards occasionally, like a bunch of missiles.

This brings me to another point, I don't think I'll be bothering with missiles for awhile. The secondary weapon slots you have? You can only equip one missile to one slot. So you can have five secondary equipment slots and carry a whole five missiles.

You can carry additional missiles (and cannons) in your cargo hold, though I picked mine up from space so don't know if you can buy them this way, and equip them by right clicking while docked. I didn't think to try right clicking my equipped weapon but I assume it'll go back into cargo hold. Maybe I should buy a C1 cannon for when I have to destroy asteroids!

I wonder if, by extension, you can right click cargo to merge them. So for example, I have 19 and 18 diamonds, if I wanted a stack of 25 I assume I could right click one and it would boost the other to 25? Worth checking out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment